Masks are required at Spreading the Music
Regardless of vaccination status, masks are required for all persons in the hallways, waiting room areas, and entering/exiting the building.
Reasons why we require masks at Spreading the Music:
- We service kids under the age of 12 who do not have access to vaccines, therefore making them high-risk individuals to all persons who enter our building.
- There is a very aggressive and highly contagious Delta variant among individuals in our state and nationwide, make this a high-risk situation.
- We are an indoor business, and despite our ventilation system, make us a high-risk location when not wearing a mask.
***ONLY EXCEPTION Fully vaccinated persons may take off their masks in their CLASSROOM during their lesson if there is teacher, student, and parent consent. You must put your mask back on when you enter the hallway or waiting room.
The great news is, we will have disposal adult and child masks readily available at the front of the school for anyone who forgets! We will always have hand sanitizer and hand soap readily available as well. We have water with disposal cups to keep you hydrated. Each room is sanitized before use and online lessons are always available!
Note, folks will be asked to put on a mask if we notice that you do not have a face mask or covering. This policy may change when kids 5-12 years old have access to the Covid-19 vaccine.
TO HAVE IN-PERSON LESSONS OR A REHEARSAL YOU MUST
Fill out the “The Spreading the Music Coronavirus Screening Questionaire” BEFORE EACH LESSON. This must be done BEFORE ENTERING THE BUILDING to all individuals who step inside of Spreading the Music regardless if you are the one having the lesson. It only takes 1 minute and is our contact tracing shield of armor. You can find follow this link here:
Wear a mask. It is required to wear a mask when entering the building and leaving the building. This applies to all teachers, parents, and students. It shows, by example, that we are standing together and doing our part to protect ourselves and others.
Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands immediately upon entering. We will have a medical-grade hand sanitizer provided in the front of the school and wonderful smelling soap in the bathroom. What a perfect place to practice singing “Happy Birthday”!
Have your lesson! At this point, we are happily reunited, and it feels so good! It is recommended to have the entire lesson with a mask, though it can be removed depending on the comfort level of both the teacher, student, and parent.
Here are some other suggestions:
- Do not congregate in the waiting room! Treat it like our hotspot. Even though it’s disinfected daily, having more than 3 or 4 people may increase our risk. To combat this, when you enter the school, wash your hands immediately and head straight to your lesson.
- Drop your child off! “Contact-less child retrieval” (what a term) is ideal. As long as the parent and teacher lock eyes, ensure the child is safe with excellent communication and all parties make it into the school safely without unnecessary touching, that is one less body to worry about.
- Keep the entrance to the school (the one without the passcode) and the practice room doors OPEN to avoid touching handles. If you are the only lesson at the school at the time, keep the doors open and play as loud as you want! If not, have the teacher be the one in control if the room stays open or closed. It will keep our touching to a minimum.
- Do not come to your lesson if you are sick are may think that you are becoming sick! Please let your teacher know immediately if you think you are exhibiting any symptoms. We will happily provide an online lesson in its place.
- Continue with Online-Lesson if you are able. It’s tough being away for so long though waiting for at least Phase II is still recommended.
- We are spacing out lessons there are no more than two lessons at one time at Spreading the Music. It’s been pretty empty without you! So we can now slowly schedule students back into our school in a safe matter.
- We are providing masks and temperature readings to all of our teachers.
- We offer FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, and Google Meet Lessons!
- We are cleaning and disinfecting the school daily.