Welcome to Spreading the Music! All new students, parents, community members, and teachers receive this information when they register. All questions will be answered if you give us a call, and all emails will be responded to when sent. Although, it’s good to be in the know before you get to us!
You are welcome to use our school to practice or rehearse at any time we are open at $20 per hour. We offer reduced rates for current Spreading the Music students and if you wish to make us your regular rehearsal/practice space. You will have access to all our pianos, teacher music library, and instruments as they are available. Please contact us directly if you would like to use us as a regular practice space and we will get you scheduled. There is no smoking or drinking in the facility. The building is under 24 surveillance for the safety of our clients. For more information and to sign up visit www.spreadingthemusic.com/rehearsal-space
We hold two to three formal concerts a year open to friends and family held at Spreading the Music, Piano Hall Company, and New Orleans Jazz Market to showcase our student’s process and performance. We also have smaller concerts in the community and participate in Festivals all around New Orleans throughout the year. Talk to your teacher directly if you are interested in participating. To see our current and past events visit www.spreadingthemusic.com/calendar
We are closed for the holidays one week in Thanksgiving, two weeks for Winter Break, and one week for Mardi Gras. Spreading the Music is sensitive to all religious and secular holidays, medical emergencies, and family matters and understand if you need to miss a lesson for any reason. Let us know as soon as possible and we will schedule a make-up or find you a sub if we are provided 24 hours notice.
Spreading the music will be closed:
Mardi Gras Break 2022: 02/24/2022 – 03/03/2022
Thanksgiving Break 2022: 11/21/2022 – 11/27/2022
Winter Break 2022: 12/19/2022 – 01/01/2023
If you suspect that you will be out for more than 2 weeks you must let us know ideally before the 1st of the month and copy the owner Candace Crawford at email@example.com. If you go on vacation or travel often, our Package Lesson payment plan might be a better option for you. It is the most flexible with your schedule and you can have your lessons as you are available for a limited period.
We charge a flat monthly rate for Weekly Lessons at Spreading the Music. Not per lesson. If you are starting in the middle of the month you will be prorated. The next billing cycle starts on the 1st of every month. Payment for lessons is due no later than the 7th. Clients wanting to rehearse or practice must pay per hour and will have the option to upgrade to monthly payments after 3 rehearsals.
Note, some teachers have higher rates due to seniority, notoriety, and experience level. Rates will be reflected on your confirmation email.
Monthly Tuition for Private Lessons Is:
$120.00 Per Month Weekly 30-Minute Private Music Lessons
$180.00 Per Month Weekly 45-Minute Private Music Lessons
$225.00-$300.00 Per Month Weekly 60-Minute Private Music Lessons
Rehearsal Rate is:
$20.00 Per Hour Session for Individual Practicing
$40.00 Per Hour Session for Band Rehearsal (2 or More guests)
How you can pay:
- Pay by card online: You will still receive your monthly invoice from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email that we have on file. You can pay with your card or Apple Pay right from the invoice, though you will no longer be able to save your card on file. You must make the card payment manually to pay for lessons.
- You can pay by card in person: Come to the school with your preferred card between the hours of 3-6 pm Monday through Friday or Saturday 12:30-4:30 pm and pay for your invoice with our Administrative Assistant.
- Pay by check. Write a check to Spreading the Music, with the name of the teacher and student name in the memo. Come to the school between the hours of 3-6 pm Monday through Friday or Saturday 12:30-4:30 pm and drop the check in the school office in the blue box on the desk. Checks are collected daily.
- Pay by cash. Please come to our school between the hours of 3-6 pm Monday through Friday to make a cash payment with our Administrative Assistant in our office. Note, that making change might be limited.
Ideally, paying from your Square Invoice directly online is ideal for us. Your invoice will be sent on the 1st of the month and will be due by the 7th. You may also write a check each month though we must receive it within the first week of the month. Checks must be written to Spreading the Music. There is a blue box in the office in the back of the school to place checks or cash. Please allow at least 5-7 days for checks to be successfully debited from your account. If you think you will be unable to attend your lesson your first week due to illness or a family emergency after giving your teacher 24 hours’ notice, just give us a call and we can do a one-time payment by card over the phone. If no notice is given, a late fee of $30 will become due and payable before starting your next lesson. If overdue payment becomes a habit, Spreading the Music reserves the right to discontinue lessons.
Payment is a monthly installment on yearly tuition with an average 4-week month. We charge per month, not per lesson. Lessons at Spreading the Music are on a monthly contract. Although we are closed for four weeks out of the year, there are some months where there are 5 Mondays, 5 Tuesdays, 5 Thursdays, etc… (any month with 31 days), so it does round out with consistent lessons. To receive the maximum amount of lessons with marked improvement in student progress, a student must be enrolled for at least a year. Usually, it works out to be 30 minutes 30 dollars, 45 minutes 45 dollars, and 60 minutes 56 dollars. We do not prorate due to the school being closed. You will not be credited back lessons you do not receive when Spreading the Music is closed including lessons you choose to opt out of for the summer, holidays, and/or personal reasons. If you suspect that you will be gone for the summer or a few weeks during the holidays, we must know before the 1st of the month to adjust your official monthly rate.
We also offer Package Lessons. This option is the most flexible with your schedule. The only prerequisite is that you must be on automatic billing for one month. So say if you go on vacation or plan on only having only 2 lessons one month, but the full four the next month, you will have the option to do so. After your first month, you can pay for 4, 8, or 12 lessons to use at any time your teacher is available. They are only valid for up to a certain time for 2-6 months depending on your plan. This option is a tad costlier out of respect to the teacher
Masks are no longer required for entry, though it is highly recommended to continue practicing proper hygiene. Masks and sanitation stations will be provided to all at the entrance. Patrons can request teachers or staff members to put on a mask for their safety, especially if immunocompromised or traveling out of the country.
Spreading the Music takes pride in keeping our school clean and safe! Highly touched surfaces including instruments, doorknobs, and common spaces are sanitized daily. There are hand sanitizers, masks, and temperature readers available. Please do not attend your lesson or scheduled rehearsal if you suspect that you are sick.
Important Payment Update
As of July 1, 2022
- You can still pay by card online: You will still receive your monthly invoice from email@example.com.
com to the email that we have on file. You can pay with your card or Apple Pay right from the invoice, though you will no longer be able to save your card on file. You must make the card payment manually to pay for lesssons.
- You can pay by card in person: Come to the school with your preffered card between the hours of 3-6 pm Monday through Friday or Saturday 12:30-4:30 pm and pay for your invoice with our Adminstrative Assistant.
- Pay by check. Write a check to Spreading the Music, with the name of the teacher and students name in the memo. Come to the school between the hours of 3-6 pm Monday through Friday or Saturday 12:30-4:30 pm and drop the check in the school office in the blue box on the desk. Checks are collected daily.
- Pay by cash. Please come to our school between the hours of 3-6 pm Monday through Friday to make a cash payment with our Administrative Assistant in our office. Note, making change might be limited.
- Pay on our Website: This feature is only available for Group Classes and Rehearsals. Visit our website, www.spreadingthemusic.com/
group-classes to pay for a Group Class or www.spreadingthemusic.com/ rehearsal to pay for Rehearsal Space.
- Lessons are paid by month, not per lesson.
- Group Classes and Rehearsals can be paid per class.
- We must be informed before the 1st if you wish to be prorated.
- Invoices will not be adjusted after being sent on the 1st.
- Invoices must be paid by the 7th of the month to avoid penalty.
- There is a $30 late fee added to invoices/clients who do not inform administration of delayed payment by the 7th.