Spreading the Music and Otherwise
You are valued and everything you do here helps create a better world through music!
- (When you Enter) Quick School Inspection and clean-up. This includes turning on lights, putting away any toys in the lobby, wiping down all highly touched surfaces like door handles, chairs, and piano keys; close all piano lids and push in chairs; collect all piano or method book and add them to our Spreading the Music Library; erase all whiteboards; take out trash in the bathroom if full; restock paper towel or toilet paper.
- (When setup) Check email@example.com and respond to any voicemails. Follow-up with any students or parents from the day prior.
- Match any new students with a teacher and schedule their first lesson OR match and new class registration and match student with a current class schedule.
- Review and update shared STM-Real Time with Shawda and Candace as necessary
- Match Combined Payments with Accounts Receivable and update if paid.
- Perform Acuity Check-Up and complete vision board projects.
What to work on each week
- PROJECT: SCHEDULE ALL NEW STUDENTS, UPDATE TEACHERS OF SCHEDULE
- Send Email to Teachers with their current teaching calendar including day, time, room, and length, and check for accuracy. The teacher must respond, YES THIS IS CORRECT or NO THIS IS NOT CORRECT with any changes required for the month. The teacher must get sent a new schedule immediately if a new student is added mid-month.
- Ensure STM Real-Time is Accurate
- ACUITY FINETUNE/ SYSTEM EVALUATION/ SCHOOL STORE/ TEACHER LIBRARY
- Review all Confirmation Emails, Reminder Emails, Cancelation Emails, Make-Up lesson emails, Classes Emails, and Rehearsal Emails and make sure they all are accurate and do not conflict with the current Spreading the Music School Policy. Update these emails regularly.
- Review Teacher Inventory
- Check School Store Inventory and pricing
- Review the Website for holes or mistakes. Both for school store and for www.spreadingthemusic.com
- PROJECT: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
- FULL Acuity Check-Up
- Follow-Up new and existing students
- Reflect/ Brainstorm
- Check with the teacher, “is this your current teaching schedule? Are you out of town?”.
- PROJECT: BILLING UPDATE INVOICES
- Any students with a PAST DUE invoice may not schedule new lessons until the invoice is paid. Update Acuity and inform the teacher of past-due invoices. CC Shawda, Candace, and the teacher. Use the “Lesson Discontinuation Warning” email to inform the parent.
- Acuity Check-Up
- Update STM Real-Time to ensure all billing and scheduling is set for the next month